Quick Start to Off-Camera Flash with Canon Speedlites by Syl Arena
In this Canon-specific workshop, you will learn how to quickly create beautiful light with off-camera Speedlites. We will explore the difference between on-camera flash and off-camera flash. We'll talk about how to select camera and Speedlite settings. We will look at how to create soft light and when to use hard light. We will survey the ways to trigger off-camera Speedlites and take a close look at Canon's new radio Speedliting system. We'll also review creative lighting set-ups for one Speedlite and for multiple Speedlites.
Topics to be covered
- Why Off-Camera Flash Matters
- How to Control Your Speedlite On Your Camera's LCD
- Flash Modes: When to Use ETTL, When to Use Manual
- Sync Speeds and Sync Modes: 1st-Curtain, 2nd-Curtain, and High-Speed
- Creating Soft Light, Creating Hard Light
- Where to Position Your Speedlite
- Off-Camera Triggers: Cord, Optical, and the New Radio System
- Set-ups for Creative Lighting with One Speedlite
- Set-ups for Creative Lighting with Multiple Speedlites
This is a fast-paced presentation that will quickly introduce you to the essential skills you need to know for creating great light with your Canon gear. You are encouraged to bring your DSLR and Canon Speedlite so that you can follow along with the how-to demonstrations. Attendees will go home with Syl's new 24-page booklet that covers the main points of the presentation.
Via sylarena.com and bit.ly/BHEventSpace