Only Drones? BuggyCam Vs Pedal Progression Vs Peregrine
Rob Drewett and Andy Nancollis took BuggyCam out for literary 2 hours to film some shots of Sam from pedalprogression.com and here is what we came up with.
BuggyCam is an almost limitless mobile camera platform. Available now on a wet hire basis, the all terrain, highly tunable remotely controlled chassis can take the highest quality camera equipment and put it in to otherwise inaccessible places, whilst adding a layer of motion not seen or used before to this degree.
BuggyCam Vs Peregrine
The buggy itself has been developed by Motion Impossible. A 2 man team consisting of Rob Drewett (an experienced BBC wildlife cameraman) and Andy Nancollis (Buggy racer and design engineer).
It’s based on a race proven 1/5th scale 4wd remote controlled vehicle chassis, and further developed to integrate our unique V-CON camera mount system. Together with our Freefly Movi M15 it can carry and stabilise a payload of up to 10kg allowing for some of the best video cameras and lenses to be mounted and controlled on it.
- 4wd Transmission
- Tunable offroad chassis
- 15lb/6.8kg payload (based on Freefly Movi M15 limit)
- Suggested camera’s: RED Epic Dragon, Phantom Miro, Alexa M, Sony F5/55 & Black Magic
- Adjustable V-CON stabilising mounting system
- Max speed tuned to suit high (upto 40mph+) or low speed operation.
- Quiet Alien Power System electric powered (brushless) drive system
- High capacity Lithium battery technology for long run times
- Range 1200ft/350m approx
- Wheelbase 610mm
- Track width 510mm
- Wheel diameter 190mm