Wedding & Portrait Photography: Tips & Advice by Bambi Cantrell
Bambi Cantrell is an award winning wedding and portrait photographer with a dazzling portfolio and list of accomplishments. In episode of Wedding & Portrait Tips , Bambi shares secrets for how she engages her subject and makes them feel comfortable. Plus she explains how to identify the best light and choose camera angles and much more.
In this video she covers:
- Find out subject’s “personal interests”
- Find best light source— for beautiful light
- Find a non-distracting location, clean lines
- Make your subject forget the camera is there
- “Expression beats perfection”
- Ask questions: What makes you happy? What do you do for a living? How many kids do you have?
- Watch for changes in eyes and mouth
- Fast, long lenses for great depth of field
- Practice art of communication
- Use high angles to make face look more flattering
- Shoot from low angles to create powerful, stronger images
- Look for catch lights in the eyes
- Look for shadows on the face and where they fall.
- Don’t be intimidated