GEAR REVIEW: The $125 Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens (the 2015 nifty-fifty) by Chris Lavigne
Don´t you have a nifty-fifty yet? Are you a filmmaker and don´t like the plastic sound of your old 50mm? Don´t you know how to get images with bokeh?. Our friend Chris Lavigne from wistia.com shares with us this video gear review about the new Canon 50mm:
This new 50mm f/1.8 STM replaces the plastic 50mm f/1.8 wonder-lens referred to as the 'nifty-fifty'. It received some welcome updates to make it an awesome addition to a video producers camera bag.
- New focus ring for smooth manual focus
- Updated STM stepping motor for smooth autofocus
- Improved minimum focusing distance at just over 1 foot
- Updated aperture blades for prettier bokeh
- Metal mount which adds durability
What the lens retained from it's predecessor is the crazy-low price point of $125, making it the perfect entry-level prime/fixed lens.-said Chris Lavigne-
|The sound of new nifty-fifty|
Read the full original post on wistia.com | Thanks Chris!!